Getting Settled in Waseca
We hope that however long your stay will be with us, that you will find our City to be welcoming and enjoyable. To help you as a newcomer, we have put together some useful information that will help you become settled in Waseca.
Application for Utility Service
(ELECTRIC, WATER AND SEWER) All Customers must complete an application for utility service. A picture ID (driver’s license or state ID card) and a social security card (or other accepted form of ID) need to be presented at time of application.
Residential Deposits: $125.00
Commercial Deposits: Will be based on prior annual bills.
Utility Bill Cycle:
Billing Process: Utility bills are mailed on the last business day of each month.
Bills are due on or before the 15th of each month to avoid late penalty charges equal to 10% of the account balance.
In cases where the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is considered the due date.
Payment Options: Payments can be mailed or placed on the drop boxes that are collected daily. Waseca Utilities has drop boxes in 3 locations:
1. Customer Service Counter at Hy-Vee – 1230 State Street North
2. Drive-thru on north side of City Hall – 508 South State Street
Electronic Bank Payments: Waseca Utilities offers electronic bank payment of utility bills. For more information, please call our utility office at 835-9718.
1. If full payment is not made by the due date, a 10% penalty of the balance will be added and your account may be subject to further action.
2. A disconnect or limiting meter notice may be issued if past due balance remains unpaid.
3. Delinquent utility accounts may be turned over to a collection agency or placed as special assessments against properties.
MISCELLANEOUS PHONE NUMBERS:
Gopher-State One Call: 1-800-252-1166 Homeowners, excavators and contractors need to call the Gopher-State One Call 48 hours prior to any digging.
CenterPoint Energy-Minnegasco: 1-800-245-2377
Hickory Tech 1-866-442-5679
Waste Management 1-800-222-6214
Stewart Sanitation: 1-888-451-0976
LJP Enterprise, Inc.: 1-507-625-5746
US West/Qwest 1-800-244-111
Hickory Tech: 1-888-386-6430
US Link: 1-800-450-4000
You may also contact City Hall at 835-9700 between the business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.