Utilities Office Manager
Utilities Office Technicians
APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL SERVICE
(ELECTRIC, WATER, AND SEWER)
All customers must complete an application for utility service. Click for a RESIDENTIAL or COMMERCIAL application. Picture identification (driver’s license or state identification card) and a social security card (or other accepted form of ID) need to be presented at time of application. Please contact us at least 1 to 2 days prior to moving in or out to ensure timely reading of your meter(s).
GENERAL DEPOSIT POLICIES
- Deposits are required of customers and must be paid at time of application.
- Residential deposit: $125.00
- Commercial deposit: based on prior annual bills.
- Credit references will not be accepted in lieu of deposits.
- Deposits will be credited to the account with interest after 12 consecutive on-time payments or at the time the account is closed.
- Waseca Utilities may require larger deposits at our discretion when a customer has been identified as a credit risk. The customer must pay all delinquent accounts in full before service will be provided at another location.
Utility meter readings are obtained once a month through radio read frequency. In the event that we are unable to obtain a meter reading, your bill will be estimated.
Rate schedules are approved by the Waseca City Council and are available from the Utility Billing office upon request.
UTILITY BILL CYCLE
Utility bills are mailed during the last week of each month.
Bills are due on or before the 15th of each month to avoid late penalty charges equal to 10% of the current month’s bill. In cases where the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is considered the due date.
- If full payment is not made by the due date, a penalty of 10% of the current month’s bill will be added, and your account may be subject to further action.
- A disconnect notice may be issued if the past due balance remains unpaid.
- Delinquent utility accounts may be turned over to a collection agency or placed as special assessments against properties.
DISCONNECTION/RECONNECTION CHARGES FOR NONPAYMENT
Disconnection fee $25.00
Reconnection fee $25.00 (reconnection will only occur between the hours of 9:00 AM & 3:00 PM)
An additional deposit will be required as outlined in the disconnection notice.
- Payments can be made at the Utility Billing office during normal business hours by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover both in person and via telephone at 507-835-9718.
- Payments can also be mailed. Please allow adequate mailing time so that the payment is received in our office no later than the 15th of the month.
- Electronic bank payment of utility bills. Payments will be deducted the 15th of each month. In cases where the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the bill amount will be deducted from your checking or savings account on the next business day. To sign up for the electronic bank payment program, complete and submit this Bank AutoPay Form
- Pay or view your bill ONLINE by clicking HERE
- Use PSN’s mobile app. Download the “PSN Payments” app to pay using your smartphone. NOTE: Register online to set up your login info before you use the app.
- Payments may be placed in our drive-thru drop box located on the north side of City Hall, 508 South State Street. Please do not place cash payments in the drop box.