Welcome to the City of Waseca Community Development Department main page.
508 South State Street
Waseca, MN 56093
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The Community Development Department is responsible for planning, encouraging, and managing Waseca’s physical growth and development. The department is responsible for the functions of Planning, Community Enhancement and Heritage Preservation. The department defines future development through long-range planning and land use and zoning regulations, with an emphasis on orderly and efficient growth and suitable redevelopment to make the community more sustainable in terms of land use, development, downtown redevelopment, and neighborhood and resource preservation. The Community Development Department also reviews residential, commercial, public facilities, and industrial development proposals for compliance with the Waseca Subdivision and Zoning Ordinances, and the Minnesota Building Code.
The City’s Community Development Department provides the following City Services:
- Site plan review and inspections
- Development application review and coordination
- Zoning Code enforcement
- Sign Code enforcement
- Redevelopment coordination
- Economic Development and Business assistance
- Historic property site alteration permit and financial assistance review and coordination
- Single-family residential and multi-family residential rehabilitation assistance